Updated: Mar 25, 2019
Never bothered paying attention/attending French class in school? Perhaps you disliked your French teacher and only got around to memorizing ''Bonjour madame/monsieur'' and since then it's been just Merci Merci!
Well, here are a few reasons why you should have a change of heart and begin your french classes!
FACTS ABOUT FRENCH LANGUAGE
1. It is the 5th most spoken language in the world
2. It is present in 5 continents
3. It has an average of 300 million speakers worldwide.
4. It is the second most-used language in diplomacy, particularly European and multilateral diplomacy, after English.
5. It is the third most used language in business (the Francophone area now accounts for over 15% of global wealth)
6. It is the second language of international information in the media.
7. It is one of the rare languages to be taught in the education systems of every country.
1. LEARNING FRENCH MAKES YOU A GLOBAL CITIZEN
*French is spoken across 5 continents of the world and by an average of 300 million people around the world .
*29 countries have french as their official language putting it in second place after English. It is also recognized in 91 countries in the world. Now this figure excludes some countries like Nigeria that have French as its second official language.
* It is the 4th most used language on the internet which now brings together over 4 billion users.
2. WIDE OPPORTUNITIES FOR CAREER OPTIONS
*88 International organisations have French as their official language. i.e Ecowas, Francophonie, UN, WTO, UEFA, IOC.
*Great edge for building international business relationships.
*An added advantage to any field you are in.
3. TRAVEL & EDUCATION
If you happen to love travelling and exploring new cultures and places, French will help you connect on a deeper level with its speakers. Plus, you'll feel completely at home in Paris.
4. IT IS EASY TO LEARN!
Contrary to popular belief, french is actually very easy to learn It follows a strict grammatical structure, leaving the learner to focus on vocabulary development, listening skills and finally, getting over your fear of speaking.
What's more? We are here to help you through it.
Register for our home tutoring (Kids & Teens) or Saturday class (Adults) programs